Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Mask Used for the Film

One of my group members and I decided to make the mask that will be featured in the film. The mask is inspired by this sketch below.



I first purchased the white mask shown below, and I started drawing out the lines that will shape the eyes, mouth, and forehead design. Next I paint those outlined areas black. I did two coats of paint to make sure the color would be solid. Next I paint the rest of the mask red, and applied three coats. After letting the mask dry, it was now time to apply the black shape that is placed at the top of the mask. To make this black hair-like object, which is made by a black fuzzy material, I shape it so that it has a point at the end and then sow it to keep the shape. After sowing, and finalizing the shape, I then get a hot glue gun and attach the hair-like object to the back of the mask. The mask is now complete. Below are before and after photos of the mask that I created.




The mask shown below was made by my group member, and it ended up being the mask we chose to use for the film. He made the mask with paper michet, cardboard (for the eyebrows), and spray paint (black and green).





No comments:

Post a Comment